Bulimia Nervosa: Bulimia nervous is also called by bulimia. It is an eating disorder. It can prevent weight gain by excessive exercising, vomiting, fasting and uses of enemasm laxatives, diet pills, diuretics and other medication.
Females are commonly found affected by Bulimia nervosa. Adolescents’ patients are commonly from families with physical illness, history of eating disorders and mental health problems like mood disorder.
Causes of Bulimia nervosa:
Exactly cause of Bulimia nervosa is not known by researchers. Bulimia nervosa is caused by obesity or family tendency toward obesity. The cultural pressure of unnaturally slim body weights for western women also the cause of this disorder.
Patient is not satisfied with his physical appearance and experience too much fat. They can be avoided the spicy foods and decided to eat less. Fever and concern about weight and food. Scaring on the hands and erosion of dental enamel felt by the patient. Bad mood, stubborn pain and swelling of the glands are also symptoms of this disorder.
Others signs and symptoms:
- Dry skin around the mouth and dry lips.
- Blood vessels are broken around eyes due to vomiting.
- Changes in weight gain about 10 pounds every week.
- Cavities increased during binge-eating.
- Small and lesions red in color are found on the palate.
- Change in color of teeth.
- Bleeding from the gums.
History of family and psychological test may diagnose the disease. Converse with your doctor on the causes, symptoms and treatment of Bulimia Nervosa. Dental exam will be recommended by the doctor to diagnose the disease. Person with Bulimia nervosa is not eating freely in front of other people.
Antidepressant drugs are used to reduce the pain and depression. Group therapy and cognitive-behavioral therapy are also effective to treat Bulimia nervosa. Combination of drug therapy and psychological therapy may be helpful in reduce the symptoms of bulimia nervosa. A patient who has mouth associated with bulimia nervosa, dental treatment should be taken.
- Balanced diet should be taken.
- Avoid more sugar in diet.
- Use baking soda and clean water after vomiting.
- Use artificial saliva and chew more gum that contains no sugar.
- Read magazines on being thin and dieting.