Easy Almond Milk Tutorial, 3 Different Ways! From classic vanilla, to spiced tea and decadent chocolate, this step-by-step tutorial will teach you how. How To Make Almond Milk At Home!
I remember the first time I had homemade almond milk. I couldn’t believe how much better store bought almond milk tasted. So rich, so creamy and so simple to make. I am sharing a base almond milk recipe Plus three variations to make it fun… literally.
for someone with a lactose intolerance or want to try something new dairy free milk substitutesThis recipe is for you!
Is Homemade Almond Milk Good For You?
Yes! The best thing about making your own almond milk (besides the insanely delicious taste) is the ingredients list.
To make the base recipe, it’s just three ingredients: almonds, water, and maple syrup. traditional almond milk generally have more content, added sugarr or sweetness and preservatives. Avoid all of that by making your own!
Is Homemade Almond Milk Cheaper?
Great question. It depends on which almond milk you are buying. If you’re buying good quality almond milk… you know which brands I’m talking about, the price is probably comparable. If you’re buying store brand almond milk, you can probably buy it cheaper than making it.
Having said that, it is not very expensive to make! Almonds cost the most but you only need 1 cup of almonds per batch of homemade almond milk. I like to buy my almonds from the bulk section at the grocery store to stock up on.
Ingredients in Homemade Almond Milk
- raw almonds You can also use roasted almonds but this will enhance the taste. Try opting for unsalted because you don’t want super salted almond milk.
- water 4 cups water, regular or filtered. whatever you prefer.
- Maple syrup – For sweetness you can also use honey or agave depending on preference or what you have on hand.
how to make almond milk
Step 1: Soak the almonds
keep your raw almonds In a bowl and cover with water. let it happen almonds and water Let sit overnight or at least 6-8 hours.
Step 2: Almond Extract + Blend
drain soaked almonds and place in a blender. Add 4 cups of water to the blender and blend until smooth – I usually blend for 45 seconds to 1 minute.
Step 3: Strain the Almond Milk to Remove the Pulp
When the mixture is smooth in your blender, place a nut milk bag Or several layers of cheesecloth (or a fine mesh strainer) over a large bowl. Pour mixture into blender through nut milk bag or cheesecloth and gently squeeze until all liquid is in bowl and you are left with leftover almond meal In the bag
Step 4: Add Sweetener + Flavor
Add maple syrup and any other desired flavorings to the almond milk and mix. That’s it!
Try different flavor combinations!
Vanilla Almond Milk – Add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (or fresh vanilla bean)
Chocolate Almond Milk – vanilla extract, cocoa powder + more maple syrup to balance it out
Chai Almond Milk – vanilla extract + spices (ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, allspice + cloves)
How long does it last in the fridge?
If you store your almond milk in an air-tight container or jar in the fridge, it will last for 3-5 days. I have a new ritual of making a batch of almond milk on Sunday or Monday and enjoying it all week long.
You need to shake it well before use as some separation is normal.
how to use almond milk
The sky really is the limit! Use in place of store-bought almond milk or regular dairy milk.
how to make almond milk
An easy video tutorial on how to make almond milk at home, 3 different ways! From classic vanilla, to spiced tea and decadent chocolate, this step-by-step tutorial will teach you how.
- prep time: 6 hours
- Cooking Time: 0 minutes
- total time: 6 hours 5 minutes
- Yield: 4 cups 1X
- grade: drinks
- Way: Mix
- diet: Vegetarian
To taste vanilla:
To taste the tea:
To taste the chocolate:
- Place the almonds in a bowl and fill the bowl with water till the almonds are covered.
- Soak overnight or for at least 6-8 hours.
- Sieve the almonds and put them in a blender.
- Add 4 cups of water to a blender and blend until smooth (my blender takes about 45 seconds-1 minute to blend).
- Place a nut milk bag or several layers of cheese-cloth over a large bowl of the jug.
- Strain and squeeze contents of blender through nut-milk bag or cheese-cloth until all liquid is removed.
- Add in maple syrup and then flavor with desired flavorings, as listed above.
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Shake before use.
Keyword: how to make almond milk
Like this recipe? Here are some others you might enjoy:
Join THM newsletter
Join the 20,000+ members of the THM community and get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!
#almond #milk #Ways